Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's Time to Say Goodbye


Well it’s at the part of semester/ the six months that I’ve been dreading, saying goodbye to my Jogja family. It wasn’t until a few days ago when the first of my close friends left (there has been others that have left but it’s been a bit of a blur/ I was away from Jogja) that I actually realized the impact this would have on me. Ok I’ve known since the beginning people would leave but now it’s a reality I’m afraid.

Coming to Jogja it was all about branching out of my comfort zone, finding new friends and embracing a new society. Now it’s about self-preservation and comfort and my friends have provided a large part of that this semester. So now I’m beginning to feel a little lost and trying to figure out my next move. I’m so settled and so content with life here and it’s now going to change completely again – although I’m sure this is not for the worse.

People have left on holidays all over the archipelago (Timmy and his brother to Sulawesi, Sam, Kat and Steph to Kalimantan, Joel to Jakarta, and Soph, Jo, and Matt to Pacitan) and returned home to places all over the world, making Jogja a fairly lonely town. The friends that I've still got left here are all busy at the moment with work and family commitments leaving me pondering on my own. I'm at the point where I'm really looking forward to going home for a few weeks. 

I'm beginning to realise how much I miss all my friends in Australia and I'm definately looking forward to seeing them again. I'm also really looking forward to the new semester starting and moving into a new kos. I feel like something needs to change.With no-one here and not being able to work (like I'd normally do on long holidays) and not having the funds to travel I feel a bit stuck.

O well, this week will fly and i'll be in Australia on Friday!!!! I think i'll spend the week doing lonely planet walking tours and just exploring a little more of Jogja.

GOODBYE ALL THOSE FRIENDS DEPARTING/ALREADY DEPARTED , WELCOME BACK TO THOSE RETURNING AND GOODLUCK TO ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment