Sunday, November 28, 2010

ACICIS Fieldtrip: Imogiri Cemetry and Batik Making Workshop


Yesterday we went on an ACICIS Fieldtrip to Imogiri Graveyard and on a batik making workshop. And whilst I was jealous of all the people going to the beach (I miss the beach) I’m glad I went on the fieldtrip. I got to see people I hadn’t seen since orientation, meet a few new people and catch up with the ILTI girls who we rarely see.  I also got to see a part of Yogya I haven’t seen before

Imogiri is a cemetery for the kings of Yogya in the past. It is a sacred site and you have to put on traditional outfits to enter the actual grave site. Unfortunately, because it was a Saturday, we could not go in and look at the actual grave. We did however, walk up the 400 stairs and put on the traditional outfits for a photo shoot at the gates of the grave.

Next we went to a batik making workshop where our artistic skills were put to the test as we dropped dye onto calico to make our own special piece of Batik. Mine turned out better than I expected – thanks to a bit of tweeking by the ladies there.

And finally, it was time to return to ACICIS and home (or in my case to Katrina’s kost where her Ibu kost had made cake for us YUM YUM.)
Yasmin plays the DEVIL

The Climb to the Top

The Stars of  the Show

The Cast 

Javanese Goddesses (Or trying to be)

I'm the Man!!!

Seksi Sinta

Fickry the ACICIS CHICK??????

One of the days better  creations

Yasmin - She Definately Won the Days Batik-Off

My Batik Creation

No comments:

Post a Comment