Sunday, February 27, 2011

Memasak dan Nongkrong sama teman2 kos

I have now been in my new kos for over two weeks and as of yet haven't spent much time there. I thought that I would struggle a bit this semester for entertainment - i feel so far removed from the new ACICIS students (they're all experiencing Jogja for the first time) - but as it turns out I've been flat out but this week I decided it was time to chill out with the girls in my kos and start cooking. My mbak kos and teman kos love to cook and love trying new recipes especially western recipes.

We started off slow with pancakes, which I've cooked with them before (in the times of Katrina (kanganmu kat :( )) but as it turns out they wanted to cook again and alas what the wanted to cook was pizza. So, yesterday it was off to the supermarket to stock up on ingredients and cook pizza.

Well the whole experience was hilarious, with too sticky dough, gluten free crusts, lots of mess and an oven that is NOT what anyone in a western country would classify as an oven (it was a metal cabinet that sits on top of the hotplate). This meant that instead of taking 15-20 minutes to cook, it took well over an hour, but it did produce suprisingly good pizzas.

Next week I think the menu is nasi goreng, but i'm sure there'll be something else before then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment